Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Ruffled with Ruffles!

So after researching 
and reading different tutorials on 
how to create a pettiskirt, 
I finally got down to doing it. 

My inspiration is my friend's 5-year-old
whom I am making this for.

I couldn't find the nylon chiffon that 
is specified for pettiskirts.
So I settled for a slightly heavier nylon fabric 
which only came in white,
stretchy but not as translucent as nylon chiffon.
It was soft enough, although I wonder
if it is heavier than nylon chiffon.


I decided to use Batik fabric instead of the usual satin
for the top piece, to create an Asian version...


This is the attached first layer...


And many more ruffles later...


 2 layers of ruffles! 
And finally the pettiskirt is complete.
I must admit that I halfed the amount of nylon used. 
So the skirt isn't as poufy as most pettiskirts are.
And even so, there is more than enough of ruffling to ruffle me.


I am quite happy with the outcome
and may try the full amount of fabric on a second skirt!


Creating all the ruffles was quite therapeutic, actually.


Here is the tutorial that I used.

ⓈⓊⒺ

No comments:

web traffic