Monday, April 05, 2010

Skype Lectures are fun!

Since the ministry of education here implemented new policies and rulings on higher education service providers, UNSW (Univ of New South Wales) with whom I'm doing my Masters of Design at, is affected and is not able to adhere to the new rules, one of which is to set up a proper office and school. This is not feasible since they only get small batches of Masters students each year. So we have had to adjust and change the delivery methods of our Masters program. So we Skype! I think its cool and its the way to go!
Its much better than having the lecturers fly down from Sydney to give intense full day lectures on weekends. I get the lectures on evenings now in 2 hr sessions which are more digestable! But I pity the lecturers who are giving us these lectures in the nights since Sydney is 2 hours ahead of Singapore. :P

See this community cat of Singapore... how sweet and indignant.

No comments:

web traffic